Rabies vaccination immunity testing is NOW available at CVRL
Dear Valued Customer,
It is with great pleasure to inform you that the CVRL is now offering a rabies antibody test by the Fluorescent Antibody Virus Neutralization method (FAVN) for rabies vaccination immunity level determination. FAVN testing results are approved by the Ministry of Climate Change And Environment (MOCCAE), UAE (Click here to view MOCCAE approval) as well as the European Union (Click here to view EU approval).
With immediate effect the CVRL can only accept RABIES ANTIBODY TEST REQUISITION FORMs (FAVN) that have been filled in TYPED with all requested information on samples submitted. This amendment has been made mandatory to avoid CLERICAL ERRORS on the documents.
The CVRL appreciates your co-operation in this matter.
- The stringent FAVN test requires requisition forms to be signed by the submitting clinic/veterinarian. No changes after submission are allowed to be undertaken either by the submitting veterinarian or by CVRL staff. Forms are available at CVRL or can be down loaded from CVRLwebsite: http://cvrl.ae/cvrl-pdf/Rabies_Antibody_Test_Requisition_Form.pdf
- The last rabies vaccination details are required for each animal and previous two vaccination dates, if available.
- 1-2mL of serum without preservatives is to be submitted, spun and separated from the clot. Serum must be clear: lipemic or grossly hemolyzed will not be accepted. Securely attached labelling must be clear and must include the animal’s microchip number
- Testing will take 2-3 weeks. Regular CVRL office hours apply both for sample submission as well as result delivery. Results will only be released to the submitting clinic/veterinarian.
- CVRL will charge AED 500 per sample submitted. Payment can be made by cash, cheque (made payable to Central Veterinary Research Laboratory), or through electronic bank transfer (bank details are available on the CVRL website: http://cvrl.ae/bank.php
- The FAVN titer test, once submitted, can only be cancelled by written authorization from the submitting clinic/veterinarian faxed or emailed to CVRL. Written authorization for cancellation must be received prior to sample testing, otherwise the full fee is still applicable
- A waiting period of at least 21 days between rabies vaccination and blood sampling is advised for optimum antibody response.
- Pet importing countries have considerable variations in their legislation with regard to the period of acceptance of Fluorescent Antibody Virus Neutralization (FAVN) test results. Hence, CVRL cannot respond to inquiries regarding the validity of our established FAVN results with regard to such national legislation and will not be held responsible for any failure of the client to conform with national test result periods of acceptance.
- All test results will be sent to our clients via email. A hard copy of the results may be collected from CVRL during working hours. Any clients requiring a hard copy to be couriered to them must provide their full address with contact mobile number at the time of booking the test. Hard copies will be sent via FedEx and will incur an additional charge of AED 100 to 150, depending on the destination country.
- Please note that rabies testing is performed on Sundays or Mondays. Any samples received on or before the preceding Thursday will be processed the following week, subject to the availability of a slot in the testing schedule. Delivering your samples according to this schedule will help to reduce the turnaround time for your results.
Please don't forget to attach our import permit along with the parcel to avoid any hiccups at Dubai airport/customs. This permit can also be downloaded from our website and the link is: http://www.cvrl.ae/cvrl-pdf/imp_permit.pdf It is very important that a copy of our import permit is attached both inside and outside the parcel, which will ensure smooth flow at Dubai airport. The samples should reach CVRL in cool condition; but use of dry ice is not recommended as it will change the category of the consignment to a higher level of inspection at customs. Use of ample ice cubes and cool elements will serve the purpose rather than dry ice. Please bear in mind that we do not have any clearing department or personnel for that purpose and therefore it is recommended to send the samples either through FedEx or DHL, who will deliver it to our door. Our physical address for that purpose is:
Central Veterinary Research Laboratory (CVRL)
17 Sub street of 22 A Street
Tel: 04-3375165 (Sunday to Thursday 08:00 am to 04:00 pm) and 050-7486956 (during holidays and after office hours)
Payment policy for Rabies FAVN testing has changed to a pre-payment basis. CVRL can only start sample processing after having received cash payment or a copy of the bank transfer with a signed requisition form attached. Payments for customers with monthly payment contracts remain unchanged.